A huge thank you to everyone who made our 150th Anniversary Celebration such an amazing success. We had a great time on Saturday night catching up with old friends, viewing artifacts from the church’s history and sharing a great meal. We then gathered again on Sunday morning to thank God for our past and seek his blessing on our future.
I am especially proud of how our congregation stepped up to meet our Anniversary Mission Challenge. By the end of worship on Sunday we’d already met our goal of raising $5,000 to help Beacon House, an orphanage in Ghana, build a new water system. I fully expect us to raise over $8,000 for this project. Happy Birthday Us!
Finally, our Anniversary display remains up at the Columbiana Public Library through the end of May, so stop by and check it out.
A huge thank you to:
- Amy Johnson and her leadership of the Celebration Committee
- The Celebration Committee Paul and Leah Condon for their testimony
- Dorothy Symons for her testimony
- Mary Ann Pollock for her testimony
- Sue Schmidt and Heather Cline for coming all the way from Ghana
- Katie Schallick for designing our new logo
- Rev. Dr. Nancy Kahaian, Executive Presbytery, Eastminster Presbytery
- Rev. Stephanie Crossland, Moderator, Eastminster Presbytery
- Elder Chet Cooper, Vice-Moderator, Eastminster Presbytery
- Representative Tim Ginter
- Mayor Brian Blakeman
- Katie White, for such a great article in the Morning Journal
- The staff at the Dutch Village Inn
- Sitler’s Printing